Spring Styling Tips with resident stylist Sjan Johansen.
Spring Styling Tips with resident stylist Sjan Johansen
Spring has arrived, which means the perfect time for cleaning out and freshening up your home.
We’ve had a chat to stylist Sjan Johansen, on which items to select this season to create Pinterest-worthy rooms. Here’s her top 10 picks from in Centre at the moment.
- Round Acacia timber chopping board – “HOUSE stock great timber chopping boards. The round shape is a favourite as it can be used as a serving board or general use chopping board. When not in use, lean against the wall on the kitchen bench top and layer it up with more chopping boards in different shapes and sizes.”
- Cane Bed head – “Bed heads and cane – two things that aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. This cane bed head from Pillowtalk brings warmth and texture to the bedroom.”
- Wooden stump stool – “These stump stools are one of the most versatile furniture items you could own. They can be used as a side table, seating option or a stand alone hero item. This one from Pillowtalk is a clear winner in the wooden stump stool category!”
- Linen stripe sheer curtain – “These Pillowtalk linen curtains are an instant, cost effective way to update any home. The sheerness of the linen softens the space while the stripe pattern adds a subtle detail.”
- Washed linen Cushion – “You can’t go wrong with linen, and the Adairs range of linen cushions are my absolute go-to for any season! This beautiful forest green gives just the right amount of colour to complement any space.”
- Diamond Rug – “The diamond Moroccan rug trend is still going strong, and for good reason. This Amherst Rug from Adairs works in many rooms and across many different styles. It ﬁts perfectly into any colour scheme while adding interest and texture, and the diamond monochrome design creates the illusion of space.”
- Botanical plant – “Indoor plants are hands down the best feature you could add to any room. If you’re not conﬁdent in your gardening skills, the next best thing are high quality artiﬁcial plants. This Botanical plant from Adairs is a great size and looks the part.”
- Gold bar cart – “What’s not to love about a Bar Cart? This gold Bar Cart from BIG W mixes functionality with style. It’s also the perfect display piece to store glassware, bottles and/or create themed vignettes.”
- Aged bronze Table Lamp – “Aged bronze, USB port, soft warm light – this contemporary sleek table lamp from Beacon Lighting is a perfect addition to any space. The shape of the lamp and matte bronze ﬁnish suits most styles while creating a moody ambience. The USB port and touch button dimming is an added bonus.”
- Pendant light – ”Pendant lighting is the easiest way to add personality in a room. I always like seeing multiples of one style of light or one oversized pendant. I love the scale and matte black woodgrain detail of this Aiden pendant light from Beacon Lighting, as it’s simple modern conical shade makes a statement without overpowering the space.